Saturday, July 10, 2010

Preparations

Exactly two weeks from now I'll be on my way to Vietnam. It's rather bittersweet-- a lot to leave behind, a lot to look forward to, but overall, I'm glad to be starting something new.

Because I will be disappearing to the other side of the world shortly, I've decided to start a blog about my experiences, thoughts, and encounters during my time there in order to keep my friends and family updated. Hopefully I can regale you with my stories and photos and would be more than happy to hear what has been going on on your sides as well.

I'm starting to feel the crunch and really should get to packing. I've got a suitcase that's stuffed with random things, including 20 icy hots (not for me-- my aunt wants to send them to relatives in Vietnam and I am the convenient courier), but I should get a more concrete idea of what I'll be bringing...

Anything that I should be sure to bring? Let me know!


3 comments:

  1. Peptol-Bismol or Tiger Balm. Oh, and ME :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if the icy hot things are secretly filled with THC? Did you see that huge marijuana bust in Washington? They were all Viet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melvin: Pepto-bismol is a good call. Aaaand I don't know if you fit in my suitcase =P

    Chris: I hope not. I think you can get death sentence for that.

    ReplyDelete